Destination Weddings are becoming more frequent among weddings. They can save money due to a lesser guest count, they can combine the wedding honeymoon in one planning aspect, provide your guests with a mini vacation, make for a beautiful backdrop and scenic atmosphere for a wedding and more.
When considering a destination wedding for your wedding, take these five things into consideration:
1. Budget– whether you have a destination wedding, creating a budget is the first and most important thing to establish.This will be your guiding light planning your wedding.
2. Location, Location, Location! – What do you want the atmosphere to be? The tropical environment is popular, but you can want a European location, a jungle or rain forest atmosphere for the destination of your wedding. Location is important.
3. People – are the people you and your groom want there the most, be able to travel to your destination of choice. (grandparents, older family members)
4. You’ll need help – Destination weddings have additional arrangements that need to be made. We advise hiring a wedding planner AND travel professional. Most resorts have onsite wedding planners to fill in all the details, while your travel professional will take care of the room and in some cases flights, ground transportation, travel insurance, passport information, activities and excursions.
5. Packages – Compare wedding packages. This will make it easier for you to decide what works for your wedding vision and your budget.
*Bonus – Consider if you and your finance want to spend your honeymoon in the same destination. Your resort of choice will most likely have a honeymoon incentives such as free nights upgrades.
Whatever you decide make sure a destination wedding fits your vision, budget and accommodates the must have guests.
Planning a Destination Wedding?
Contact us today to be your wedding travel professional